The graduate program at VCU Engineering offers the opportunity to bridge undergraduate and career experiences by working on cutting-edge research in a unique interdisciplinary environment. Our faculty — many of whom are internationally recognized experts in their fields — and their students are intimately connected to colleagues who share our vision of interdisciplinary research within VCU and across the globe.
The graduate program welcomes students from around the world. The students in the M.S. and Ph.D. programs represent more than 20 countries from six continents. The program is small, collegial and enjoys a familial atmosphere. VCU Engineering has an active graduate student association that hosts seminars, workshops and social events, providing students with the opportunity to participate in both intellectual and social exchanges.
Our graduate degree programs include:
- M.S. and Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering
- M.S. in Computer and Information Systems Security
- M.S. in Computer Science
- M.S. and Ph.D. in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering
- M.S. and Ph.D. in Engineering with tracks in:
- Chemical and life science engineering
- Computer science (Ph.D. only)
- Electrical and computer engineering
Students choosing to pursue an M.S. degree part time through distance learning may consider participation in the Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program.